Samsdrusti Trust Construction of Skills Development Centre for People with Disabilities
Construction of Sakshama Bhavan
Our focus is to empower people living with disabilities to expand the scope and increase activities of our “Samadrushti” centre. The Trust has received from a generous well-wisher land located at Pantheerankavu, 10 kms from Kozhikode city, The Trust plans to construct “Sakshama Bhavan” and dedicate it to the cause of the visually challenged and differently abled.
With the construction of Sakshama Bhavan, the Trust plans:
- To shift the skill development centre from the rented place to a permanent place with more activities, better amenities, enhanced services and support.
The Trust envisages “Sakshama Bhavan” to have:
- dormitory facilities for the poor, differently-abled women trainees
- space for self-employment training centres
- Run projects suitable for developing employment opportunities for the differently-abled.
- The proposed “Sakshama Bhavan” is planned as a “Seva Mandiram”, with temporary residential facilities for visually challenged/ differently-abled persons.
The construction of Sakshama Bhavan by Samadrishti Charitable Trust, as a Skill Development Centre, is a step towards self- sustenance and to provide a dignified life for them.
SewaUK has agreed to support the construction of a skills development centre.