Our Values / Mission
We believe in helping where help is needed, specially in rural areas.
Our mission is to encourage Doctors and Dentists from UK with specialist skills to volunteer for worthwhile work in India. We expect that doing this kind of voluntary work will in time become the norm. As more and more people join us, we aim to create a Medics4Sewa community with a passion to serve, to learn, to understand, to teach, to inspire, and to be inspired.
We use the following principles to inform and guide the expectations and activities of our medical volunteers:
- Medical ethics and appropriate behaviour are universal. Even if specific medical practices differ from country to country, we expect all our medical volunteers meet universal standards of medical ethics and behaviours.
- Professionals at our placements are best qualified to make judgements on the treatment of patients.
- Primary responsibility for the care of their patients lies with local medical professionals at our placements.
- Volunteers should only conduct medical procedures or activities they are qualified, experienced and confident to perform.
What we expect of medical volunteers
- Be responsible at all times.
- Observe and respect the experience and knowledge of local medical professionals.
- Be committed to ensuring the best possible medical care for patients.
- Respect the privacy and wishes of patients and colleagues. In particular, photographs and videos should not be taken or shared (including on social media) without the consent of patients, colleagues and Projects Coordinator UK, and should never reveal sensitive or personal information, including medical conditions or treatments.
- Be sensitive and mindful of cultural differences and observe and respect the perspective of local medical professionals and patient.
Provisions / Assistance to be provided
Voluntary Doctors / Medics will be provided with airport pickup, orientation, meals, accommodation, project transportation and local support throughout their stay.